Statement of Commitment
Adapted for Central Baptist School from the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
As an individual who works with young children, I commit myself to furthering the values of early childhood education as they are reflected in the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct.
To the best of my ability I will:
- Ensure that programs for young children are based on current knowledge of child development and early childhood education
- Respect and support families in their task of nurturing children
- Respect colleagues in early childhood education and support them in maintaining the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct
- Serve as an advocate for children, their families, and their teachers in community and society
- Maintain high standards of professional conduct
- Recognize how personal values, opinions, and biases can affect professional judgment
- Be open to new ideas and be willing to learn from the suggestions of others
- Continues to learn, grow, and contribute as a professional
- Honor the ideals and principles of the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct as adapted for Central Baptist School and the mission statement of Central Baptist School.