Philosophy of Education
We believe comprehensive preschool education should be age appropriate and based on solid child development principles. It should address the child's development in the following areas:
In our setting, the preschooler will have a stable environment and the opportunity to:
- Learn to work and play with others
- Development large and small muscle dexterity
- Receive stimulation for creative mental development
- Learn to deal acceptably with emotions
- Develop an understanding of God, Christ, loving, sharing, and other Christian values
We believe play should be the primary medium for a preschooler's learning. The preschool provides a group setting with which the child can feel secure and separate easily from parents.
The teacher/child ration should be set low so teachers have the opportunity to observe play and creative expression, and there should be a balance between child-selection and teacher-guided activities.
Our preschool provides an opportunity for one-to-one experiences between teacher and child and fosters the development of string peer group friendships. We believe that each child developments at his/her own pace and should be treated as an individual.